The National Fund for Sacred Places is a program of Partners for Sacred Places in collaboration with the National Trust for Historic Preservation. The National Fund is guided by an Advisory Committee, bringing together faith leaders, architects and philanthropists from across the country to inform the grant-making process.
The combined training, consulting and financial resources will help congregations make the most of their facilities as agents of community renewal, encouraging collaborations with outside groups to activate spaces in exciting and innovative ways that draw people to the sacred place and encourage investment in the community.
Taken as a whole, National Fund participants will showcase and teach best practices in historic sacred building preservation, and tell a broader national story highlighting the unique impact and role of significant historic sacred places in the United States today.
The National Fund Advisory Committee is composed of experienced and qualified professionals and leaders representing the key sectors with a stake in sacred places, including religious leadership, architecture and design, historic preservation, capital project financing and funding, and ministry and outreach. The Advisory Committee supports Partners and Trust staff in reviewing the program applications and evaluating projects based on the five funding criteria.
- CATHERINE LYNCH, Development Specialist for Presbyterian Church (USA) Investment and Loan Program
- THE REV. RICHARD HAMM, Former General Minister and President, Christian Church (Disciples of Christ) in the U.S. and Canada
- THE REV. KATHERINE GLAZE LYLE, United Methodist Church
- BARBARA ABRAJANO, Director of Development and Community Engagement for East-West University; Executive Member of the Council of Religious Leaders of Metropolitan Chicago
- THE REV. KATIE DAY, PhD.
- STEPHANIE BODDIE, PhD. MSW, Senior Consultant for Pittsburgh Theological Seminary, Metro Urban Institute
- THE REV. DR. THOMAS E. FRANK, University Professor at Wake Forest University
- JAMES STRAW, Retired Chair and Board Member of Partners for Sacred Places
- GLENN KEYES, FAIA, Principal for Glenn Keyes Architects
- CHRISTINE MCAVOY, Founding Principal for Historic Resources Group
- ALICE ANTONELLI, Director for Nonprofit Finance Fund
- MARK CONSTANTINE, President and CEO for Richmond Memorial Health Foundation
- THE REV. ROBB R. WEBB III, Director for The Duke Endowment
- THE REV. DR. CHRISTOPHER COBLE, Vice President for the Religion Division of Lilly Endowment, Inc.
- MARSH DAVIS, President of Indiana Landmarks
- RABBI MICHAEL BALINSKY, Board Member of Partners for Sacred Places
After reviewing the application process and program components, feel free to reach out to us with further questions:
Executive Vice President, Partners for Sacred Places
Director of the National Fund, Partners for Sacred Places
215-567-3234 x 19
Grants and Program Manager, Partners for Sacred Places
215-567-3234 ext. 20